Mrs. K. Draycott - Principal
“With Enthusiasm and Support
We Challenge Learners to Achieve Their Highest Potential
And Develop into Responsible and Caring Citizens.”
“Improving our world, one student at a time.”
At Iron River School, we Value:
Passion for Learning,
At Iron River School we value the essential virtues of:
At Iron River School, we Believe:
Each and every person can learn and has the opportunity to learn;
Students and staff are entitled to a safe and caring learning environment;
Stakeholders should have opportunities for meaningful involvement;
Education is everyone’s responsibility.
At Iron River School we provide our students with a broad educational program that helps them:
- Develop knowledge, skills and attitudes in all subject areas;
- Demonstrate critical and creative thinking skills in problem solving and decision making;
- Demonstrate competence in using information technologies;
- Know how to learn and work independently and as part of a team;
- Develop desirable personal characteristics and the ability to make ethical decisions;
- Demonstrate initiative, leadership, flexibility and persistence;
- Realize the need for lifelong learning.
We also prepare students to make positive contributions to society through communities, the workplace, and/or post-secondary studies.
(From Curriculum Handbook for Parents, 2007-2008, Alberta Education pg. 31)
In addition to these learning goals we believe it is important for our students to:
- Read for information, understanding, and enjoyment;
- Write and speak clearly and accurately;
- Learn about the history and geography of Canada and the global community;
- Recognize the importance of responsibility and take pride in accomplishments;
- Evaluate their own endeavors and continuously strive to better them by showing that they live the essential virtues of Respect, Empathy, Kindness, Fairness, Self-Control, Tolerance, and Conscience.